April 16, 2010

The Turkey hit by a Minivan


I have a story to tell...My husband and his friend Zach were driving behind a minivan that hit a wild turkey. They got the great idea that it would be cool to pick up the turkey and butcher it so that we could have it for dinner. They were working at the time so they had to wait till their day was done. Later that night they butchered the turkey. Robert, my husband, says that it was awful but they got it done and put it in the fridge. When Robert got home from butchering this turkey he looked like hell. His face was pale and his eyes were red - he said that he could not get the smell out of his nose. Not good. Anyways, Zach's wife Tiffany and I (yes, 2 Tiffany's) wanted to be good sports and support their quest to have road kill for dinner. So they came over that weekend and we fried a turkey killed by a minivan. They wouldn't let us have any part of it - they wanted to take all the credit we thought. I didn't tell them but I had back-up dinner in the oven just in case the turkey didn't turn out. Well they bring this turkey in the house and WOW, it is beautiful! Tiffany and I were so impressed!!! We sat down to eat it and it was delicious! Here I am the most proud wife ever - my man butchered and prepped and fried road kill AND I ate it! The night was great and as Tiffany and Zach and their adorable kids got ready to leave Robert and Zach said they needed to tell us something. Turns out that you have to butcher meat within an hour after killing it or else it goes bad. SO the turkey killed by the minivan was not what we ate - we ate the turkey that the company gave them for Christmas. Waaaa, waaaaa waaaaaaa

No comments: